Happy Holiday season lovely friends! We have a special post coming at you today that includes one of the best parts of the holiday season: baking. If there is something that we absolutely love, it's indulging in sweet seasonal treats. Growing up, a family filled baking day has always been tradition, and this year we want you to join! We have decided on three of our FAVOURITE holiday cookie recipes to share and we guarantee you they will be a hit with you and your family. Try them out and make sure to tell us your thoughts!
Oma’s Pink Puff Recipe
Now, if you are to make any of these recipes, this is the one we recommend the most. This is hands down our favourite cookie every single holiday season. Our Oma has been making these cookies since we were little kids and they still manage to surprise us with just how tasty they are. Therefore, do yourself a favour and try them out! We can almost guarantee you that they will become a yearly tradition for you as well. Plus, they are called Pink Puffs…we would make them strictly for that cute name, it's just a bonus that they are ridiculously delicious.
Cookie/ Wafer Ingredients:
1 cup butter
2 cups flour
1/2 cup whipping cream
Approximately 1/4-1/2 cup sugar (for dipping the dough)
- Cut the butter into the flour until it is pea sized.
- Add the whipping cream & mix lightly into flour until it has formed a dough consistency.
- Roll dough to 1/4” (1cm) thickness and cut into 1”1/2 circles.
- Prick the circular dough with a fork a few times and dip both sides into sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes.
Cookie Filling Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
- Mix well and add raspberry jam or red food colouring to create a pink toned icing.
- Place the icing between two cookies
- Voila! The delicious Pink Puffs are complete.
Our Oma makes Pink Puffs every single year, you must trust us when we say they are AMAZING! We hope you try them this holiday season!
Peppermint Patties Recipe
There are no flavours more holiday themed than peppermint and chocolate. Yes, technically you could buy a box of After Eight’s, but where is the pleasure of knowing (and telling EVERYONE) that you made these bad boys from scratch? Did we mention they are insanely simple to make? These cookies seriously SCREAM “I have my life together”. Warning- they are dangerously addictive and melt in your mouth.
2 lbs icing sugar plus 1 cup
1/2 can eagle brand milk
1 cup butter
4 tsp peppermint flavouring (or more to your liking)
Chocolate Coating Ingredients:
1 box of semi sweet chocolate or dark chocolate squares
2 tbsp butter
- Mix all patty ingredients together.
- Roll out the dough and cut into circular patties.
- Chill the patties in the freezer on parchment paper placed on a baking sheet .
- While chilling, melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler.
- Using a fork, dip the patties in the melted chocolate.
- Place the patties back in the freezer to allow the chocolate to harden.
Easy as that! The Peppermint Patties are complete! Enjoy these decadent cookies alongside a nightcap & festive movie, or bring them to your next holiday gathering. We promise, they will not disappoint.
Whipped Shortbread Recipe:
Wow, our last cookie recipe already! We are finishing of this post with a bang, a very classic bang. One word: Shortbread. Now, you can’t truly have the holiday season without a heavenly, melt in your mouth, shortbread cookie. This is a legendary recipe that we make yearly, alongside a little Hershey kiss, it is the perfect cookie.
1 lb butter
1 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1 Bag of hershey kisses
- Beat all ingredients until the consistency of whipped cream.
- Scoop into cookie shape and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow to slightly cool and add one Hershey kiss into each cookie.
So easy, so classic and so delicious. Try it out and taste it for yourself.
Those are our three favourites for this years holiday baking!!! We hope you are able to try one of our recipes before the busyness of the season kicks in! If you do, make sure to tag us in a post or story so we can repost it!
Happy Holidays friends! We hope you have a relaxing, rejuvenating and family filled holiday break, see you in the new year! xx
Leave a comment