This is currently the new go-to drink in our house, oolong tea. We walked into David’s Tea the other day to pick up some tea bags and they hooked us with their sample tea . . . they always hook us with their sample tea!!! Oh well, it was amazing.
Long Life Oolong
That’s what it’s called. This particular tea we tried (which is our new favourite) is made of peaches, apricot pieces, almonds, orange peel and safflower petals. It’s so light and is the perfect tea for enjoying a dessert with on a spring evening. We’ve switched from coffee to this in the evenings because it just makes us feel lighter after dinner and before bed. Coffee can sometimes add to the heaviness of dinner + dessert and make us feel blahh.
Why is oolong tea so good for you?
Oolong tea has so many amazing benefits for you. It has combined qualities of black tea and green tea as it lies somewhere in the middle of these!
1. It helps metabolize fat. That’s always good! It activates certain enzymes in the body that are used to enhance activity of fat cells and help reduce obesity.
2. It contains anti-oxidants which remove free radicals from the body.
3. Helps with skin conditions such as eczema and has anti-allergenic properties.
4. Contributes to bone health by preventing decay of bone-density.
5. Studies have shown that oolong tea helps to reduce stress levels in patients by 10-18%.Images - 1, 2, 3, 4
You should try it – and if you don’t like the recommended flavour above there are so many different types to meet your fancy! What’s your favourite kind of tea?